Rod “Oz” Stanley – Sound Guy for Hire
4425 Woodhaven Dr.
Morristown, TN 37813
Four Two Three, Nine Forty-Six, Thirty-Eight, Thirty-Five
(Humans and Organic Entities only, please. Bots-be-gone!)
Feel Free to text. Thank You.
Areas where I perform well:
* Room Acoustic Testing and Treatment
* Room Design – Placement & Layout
* Mic a Room/Stage/Instruments/Theatre/
* Hookup DA’s, Pre-amps & Mains for a Stack/PA
* Run a Soundboard
* Stage, Sound & Video Production Engineering & Recording
* Read & Follow a script / Pretend to be a Stage Manager.
* Setup Video Cameras
* Run a Video Switcher
* Program Software for automated rigs & run it for a show.
* Perform Non-Linear Editing, audio or video.
* Familiar with sound file formats & cross-platform issues.
* Fabricate & Repair Audio and Video Cables
* Repair analog amps and mixers.
* Spooking anomalies and other Deamon Hunting/Capturing. (e.g. hum/crosstalk)
* Good with Gaffing Tape & Moderate Rigging
* Emergency Stand-In Jam Drummer
* Own my own Pickup & Can drive any size straight truck.
* Happy to work in a church or a bar. Music is enjoyed by all, large and small.
* Nights and weekends are fine.
Areas where performance is less-than-stellar:
* Clocks & Calendars perform rather poorly for me. I may need assistance.
* Even with GPS, finding new places gets crazy. I find electronics are ~not~ to be trusted.
* Heavy Lifting is out.
* Sitting or standing for long periods. Must keep moving, hurts less.
* Easily overstimulated – sometimes require rest and isolation – suddenly for 20 mins or so.
* Slightly Autistic (no joke) Social graces fly right by me – when they do, there’s a cool sound that only few can hear. I know I’ve missed something, but that’s about as far as it goes. ~shrug~
PLEASE KNOW: All my personal sound equipment comes from the Land Of Misfit Toys.
For reliable and consistent performance, I’m happy to work with equipment you trust.
ABOUT ME: Musicologist, Inventor, Sculptor, Philosopher, Mad Scientist, Anomolist, Meta-Physicist (freelance)
Eagle Scout, Former Rotorcraft Radio Repairman, Husband, Grampa.
The spirit of Christ will move my heart when I’m having trouble, sometimes Buddha, Occasionally Krishna…
I also really like Frank Zappa, Weird Al, King Crimson, Alice Cooper,Ornette Coleman, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Todd Rundgren… and then there’s more.
Also quick with a joke.
Atom walks into a bar,
Smiles and says to the bartender,
“I think I lost an electron.”
Bartender says “Is that a good thing?”
“I’m feeling rather positive about it.”
Many Blessings to us Humans at this time of chaos.